Friday, June 24, 2011

Chimichangas












I've never thought I liked Chimichanga's until Chris made one for me. I'm sure it's the fact that it's fried, but I couldn't believe how much I loved it. And they're super easy to make which is a bonus when you don't have much time to make dinner.

Chimichanga's
Tortilla's
Refried beans
shredded cheese
lettuce
tomatoes
sour cream
Cholula hot sauce, optional

Heat a thin layer of oil in a frying pan, just enough to fry one side of the Chimichanga at a time.

If using uncooked tortilla's like we do, grill a tortilla then fill with refried beans and some cheese.

Fold the sides of the tortilla over the beans and cheese and then fold the bottom up over it as well.

Place the folded side down in the oil and fry until golden brown, then flip it over.

Place on paper towels and pat the excess oil off and serve immediately, topped with sour cream, chopped tomatoes, sliced avocado's (or guacamole), chopped lettuce and Cholula.

*Note: You can of course make a chicken, beef or pork Chimichanga, but we love the bean and cheese ones!

Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the reminder! I loved when you made these. We always like to have a tupperware container full of refried beans in the fridge. This is a great way to spice things up.

    ReplyDelete