Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Easy Pesto Spinach Pasta

I've told a few people about my new favourite dish lately and they've wanted the recipe so I figured I better get it up here.

It really is my new favourite dish...I love that the spinach and tomatoes are fresh and the best part about it is it seriously takes 10 minutes to make!

I came up with the idea one day when I was making Jacob and Eliana some homemade mac and cheese (add a little milk, butter and lots of shredded cheese to cooked noodles - it's 10 times better than the Kraft stuff...I promise) and since I had some extra noodles and didn't want mac and cheese I decided to experiment with a few things I had on hand. Since the first time I made it I crave it all the time... I think I could eat it everyday.


Easy Spinach Pesto Pasta
noodles, any variety
pesto (basil, spinach, anykind would be good)
fresh spinach, roughly chopped
tomatoes, chopped
parmesan cheese
olive oil
salt, to taste

This is so simple I almost don't even need to write directions;)

Cook noodles, drain and return to pot over low heat. Pour a little bit of olive oil over the noodles, then a spoonful of pesto, a handful of chopped spinach, the chopped tomatoes and sprinkle with a generous amount of parmesan cheese. Stir until combined, making sure the pesto is completely mixed over all the noodles. Add salt to taste and serve immediately with some additional parmesan cheese sprinkled on top.


*Note: Sorry I don't have any measurements as it all depends on how much noodles I make. You will be able to tell if you need to add more olive oil or pesto as your noodles will look dry and not all covered with the sauce.

*Note: You could also add some grilled chicken to this dish, or as Chris would suggest cooked and sliced Italian sausage.

No comments:

Post a Comment