Monday, March 30, 2009

The Best Banana Bread Ever

This is seriously the yummiest banana bread I've ever had...and I've had my fair share of banana bread over the years. In fact, growing up banana bread was a staple at our house.

Chris got the recipe from someone in his ward back home and I can promise you that once you taste it you'll be hooked. The secret is the crushed pineapple, but not to worry if you don't like pineapple you'd never even know it was there.

The Best Banana Bread
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray bundt pan with Pam and then sprinkle with sugar.

1) Cream together:
1 cup butter or margarine (softened)
3 cups sugar
5 or 6 mashed bananas
3 eggs
1 tbsp vanilla
2 cups milk

(Note: cream the margarine and sugar together first and then add in the rest one ingredient at a time, mixing between. make sure the margarine is soft.)

2) Mix together:
4 cups flour
2 tsp baking soda
½ tsp salt
2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp cinnamon

3) Mix the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients until smooth.

4) Add:
2 cups nuts
1 cup crushed pineapple

(Note:I don't usually add the nuts.)

5) Pour batter into prepared pans.

(Note: I fill the bundt pan a little over half full and then make the rest into muffins or loaves.)

The bundt pan usually cooks for about 1 hour or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. The more batter you put in the bundt pan the longer it will take to cook. In my oven the muffins take approximately 27-28 minutes to cook, however I'd suggest starting at 20 minutes and then check them after 2-5 minute increments until toothpick inserted comes out clean. The loaf pans take approximately, so I'd suggest starting with 40 minutes and then check every 5 minutes or so. Let bread cool and then invert it onto a plate and dust powdered / icing sugar on top and serve!

(Note: This recipe is easily halved if you don't want to have quite as much batter. 1/2 recipe makes 1 loaf pan and 12 muffins. To make 1/2 recipe use 3 bananas and 2 small/medium eggs or 1 extra large egg...I know you could have figured that out yourself, but just thought I'd put it here for good measure;) )

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment