Thursday, May 14, 2009

The Bomb Brownies

I'm not the biggest fan of brownies, but for some reason I've been in the mood for them lately and started looking for a good recipe online. The name of these intrigued me so I read the reviews and then decided they were the ones to make! I made two small changes and used milk chocolate chips as they're the only kind we use in our house and just mixed the dry ingredients together instead of sifting them! I also changed the name slightly... As I said I'm not the biggest fan of brownies, but these are very very very yummy!


The Bomb Brownies
1 cup butter, melted
3 cups white sugar
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
4 eggs
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1 tsp salt
1 cup milk chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray PAM in a 9x13 glass baking dish.

Combine the melted butter, sugar, and vanilla in a large bowl. Beat in the eggs, one at a time, mixing well after each, until thoroughly blended.

Stir together the flour, cocoa powder, and salt in a separate bowl.

Gradually add the flour mixture into the larger bowl and stir until well mixed. Stir in the chocolate chips by hand. Pour the batter into the baking dish and spread the batter evenly with a spatula/bowl scraper.

Bake for 35-40 minutes until a toothpick inserted comes out clean*. Cool on wire rack before serving. Serve with vanilla ice cream and hot fudge sauce.

*Note: I set the timer for 35 minutes and checked them, then cooked them an additional 5 minutes. Clean is a relative term because the toothpick won't come out clean like it would from a cake, but will be a little gooey still as we all know brownies are best a little gooey!

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment